This house gives new meaning to the phrase "move-in-ready"
If you are interested in listing your home, now is the time. We’d love to talk with you about market conditions in your neighborhood!
1439 Rutledge St
With a renovations list that just keeps going, this elegant home is bound to go fast. A perfect mix of urban and retreat, this property has everything. Touting a backyard perfect for hosting, and just steps from both Willy street and Lake Monona - you'll never get bored.
3 bedrooms + finished attic space / 1 car garage / 1412 finished sq ft
1439 Rutledge St, 5 Things I Love About You:
- You are DONE. As in the move-in ready, gorgeous, no corners cut kind of done. As in the improvement list is pushing 30 bullet points kind of done. (See below for updates.)
- The fine attention to detail. From the lovingly restored front door to the Art Deco light fixtures; even the light switches and their covers scream vintage cool.
- Amazing location! While Rutledge Street is quiet, it’s just blocks from one of Madison’s hippest hotspots, the beloved Willy Street area. Need a break from it all? Just around the corner you’ll find yourself at one of many shoreside parks on beautiful Lake Monona.
- Your yard. It’s private, urban and, of course, thoughtfully landscaped. Love hosting? A fantastic new patio and deck (with built in storage benches) will make you the talk of the town.
- Your well designed mudroom. When it comes to old homes, it’s the little things we love!
Okay, I’ve got to cut myself off here. Honestly, I could go on and on. Interested? Come see this beautiful home in person at our open house on Saturday, March 28 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. You won’t be disappointed.
Nowhere on the Isthmus will you find a home with such style and panache! Everything major has been done. Recent improvements include the following:
- Replaced knob and tube wiring and light fixture with up-to-date electrical
- Replaced front porch
- Added exterior outlets
- Repaired rot damage on trim and soffits
- Upgraded gutter system
- Painted house and garage
- Repaired and refinished front door
- Replaced roof
- Upgraded handles and locks on front and back entrances
- Added deck
- Added patio
- Landscaped back yard
- Replaced roof ridge vent
- Landscaped front yard
- Added water softener
- Replaced furnace
- Replaced AC
- Replaced water heater
- Replaced washer/dryer
First floor interior
- Added built-in benches to back porch
- Added cabinet doors to spice rack
- Added light fixture to back porch, insulated ceiling
- Replaced dishwasher
- Added shelves and electrical to living room closet for mini-office space
- Updated kitchen, including sink, faucet, quartz counters, backsplash, lighting
Second floor interior
- Added wainscoating to TV den
- Added cable hook-up to TV den
- Replaced all windows
Live the life! Whether you’re craving the eclectic mix of food, drinks and shops that line the ever popular Willy Street or the peaceful waters of Lake Monona, it’s all just steps away. See? It’s beautiful AND smart. What more could you ask for?
BONUS: Light fare will be served by local food blogger Jessica of SaucyPear.com. She’ll be sharing easy, produce-heavy recipes and will be available to provide tips for using more local vegetables in your family’s meals!
Original french doors lead to a gigantic master bedroom. Ample side attic storage is perfect for stashing off season clothing, while the other side attic space has been thoughtfully finished to provide plenty of hanging space plus even more storage. Several closet doors means you’ll have easy access to all hung items.
This basement is better than new! Dry as a bone (thanks to new driveway grading plus new Leafguard gutters and downspouts) you’ll appreciate the tall ceilings, new support columns & beams, reinforced floor joists, new ductwork, Carrier 2-stage furnace, Aprilaire whole house humidifier, Honeywell wi-fi thermostats and Bryant SEER central air with Aprilaire air cleaner and updated electric panel.
The brand new one and a half car garage is fully insulated and has several electrical outlets plus interior and exterior lights. A new sidewalk connects the garage to the house, and a newer deck overlooks the fenced yard.