Lovingly Maintained Emerson East Bungalow
2422 E Mifflin St
4 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms / 1,544 square feet
One car garage
Beautiful hardwood floors, wide oak trim, wood frame windows, original solid wood doors/hardware, a hallway built in and screened front porch.. This near east Bungalow has all the vintage features you’re looking for.
With 4 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms above grade, this home is a rare find for the neighborhood (just four other homes have hit the MLS over the past four years with 4 beds/2 baths!)
Other things you’ll love are the updated kitchen, the large walk in closet (newly built!) and the long list of updates (see below). The private, fully fenced in yard boasts mature landscaping, a raised bed and great sun exposure.
Many favorites are within walking distance, like Jade Mountain Coffee & Tea, Moka Coffee Shop, Dexter’s Pub, Milios, Crostini Sandwiches, People’s Bakery, Ella’s Deli, Tip Top Tavern, The Malt House, SuperCharge! Foods, plus the brand new Ogden’s North Street Diner and the soon to be Grieg Club. Tenney Park, Beach Park, Manna Cafe, Banzo, the brand new Bear & Bottle plus many Atwood hotspots are within a short bike ride. Needless to say, as more urban amenities come to the neighborhood and the long awaited Union Corners & Public Market projects come to fruition, Emerson East is a wise investment.
Energy Efficiency / Basement Improvements
- 2013: Installed Lennox central air system (Landmark Heating & Cooling)
- 2007: Drain tile & sump pump installed (All Day Waterproofing. The lifetime warranty is transferable for $100)
- 2014: Entire home insulated (blown in insulation + fiberglass in basement sill boxes)
- 2014: Built walk-in-closet from the studs up, including drywall, LED recessed cans, soft close cabinets, drawers, flooring, trim, hidden extra storage behind built-in shelves, paint, hanging closet system & shoe rack (Peterson Remodeling)
- 2017: Low-E, custom windows installed in master bedroom (x2) & upstairs bedroom (x3)
- 2014: Low-E, custom windows installed in living room (x6) & office (x1)
- 2014: Kitchen remodeled. New: countertops, flooring, faucet, disposal & crown moulding above cabinets
- Security System installed
- 2015: Overhead garage door installed (8’ Colpay garage door)
- 2015: Garage roof was torn off and replaced (Paramount Roofing)
- 2013: Gutters and downspouts installed on garage
- Garage electrical was updated and includes the following: removal of knob & tube wiring, utility & GFCI outlets installed. A 100 AMP electrical panel has been installed for the garage (it's inside the house & also runs the AC)
Exterior of the Home
- 2011: Installed seamless PVC coated steel fascia & vented soffit (Home Specialists/ABC)
- 2013: Fence installed on east side of home (Struck & Irwin)