Hosts and hostesses rejoice!
6957 Chester Drive
2 bedrooms / 1.5 bathrooms / 1087 sq ft
2 car attached garage
Entertaining is a cinch- not only is the balcony a great extension of the dining area, the sunny and open first floor makes for great flow between the kitchen, dining area, living room and balcony.
A welcoming, well maintained courtyard ushers guests to the private front door entrance of the townhome while owners enter from the private, attached two car garage.
Thoughtfully updated to prioritized sustainability, the environment and energy usage, a long list of improvements includes:
Kitchen (remodeled in 2011):
- High-end and environmentally friendly concrete countertops, built in Madison, made from all natural materials
- Dimmable low voltage undercabinet lighting & track lighting (silver casings to match appliances)
- Energy Star Stainless Steel Whirlpool refrigerator
- Energy Star Stainless Steel Whirlpool dishwasher
- Whirlpool gas top stove
- LG microwave
- Wood paneling on breakfast bar
- Kitchen backsplash
Mechanicals & Other Appliances:
- Energy Star Bradford water heater w/ Honeywell electronic temperature control system - 2010
- Honeywell 7-day programmable thermostat -- 2016
- Efficient North Star water softener system (uses 60% less salt than standard systems) - 2010
- Energy Star Frigidaire Washing Machine - 2011
- Energy Star Frigidaire Affinity Dryer - 2011
- Roof - 2007
- Water Efficient low flow Moen showerhead - 2010
- Water Efficient low flow Moen faucets in bathrooms - 2010
- Kohler 1.28 GPF high-efficiency toilet in ½ bath - 2015
- Solid Oak hardwood floors - 2011
- Replaced doors with solid core 6-panel MasterCraft doors- 2010
- Trim throughout - 2010
- Dining Room light fixture - 2011
- Shelving in Laundry Room - 2011
This charming home is within a couple minutes of the hopping Fitchrona hub, which is chock full of urban amenities. Several bike routes give way to pleasant rides to downtown Madison and Epic, not to mention the miles upon miles of scenic country routes.
Glass Nickel Pizza, Pancake Cafe, Quivey’s Grove, Pancheros Mexican Grill, The Flying Hound Alehouse, Buffalo Wild Wings, Monkeyshine’s Bar & Grill, Thai Basil, Mooyah, Pasqual’s Cantina, Midwest Cold Brew, True Coffee Roasters, Starbucks, Copps, Super Target, Hy-vee, Aldi, Gold’s Gym, Pinnacle Health and Fitness, Dragonfly Hot Yoga, Ten Pin Alley, Star Cinema.
The Chester Drive area is surrounded by multiple parks and excellent bike paths.
- Badger Prairie County Park - This county park serves as the center of the Ice Age Trail Junction Area. The park has a shelter facility, play fields, mountain bike trails and a playground. The park also provides access to Military Ridge State Trail and a segment of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
- Glacier Crossing Park - This over 10-acre park features excellent hiking trails.
- Manchester Park - A popular spot for soccer and ultimate frisbee leagues. Features include playground equipment, basketball and volleyball courts and soccer and ultimate frisbee fields.
- Raemisch Homestead Park - Features include a basketball court and playground equipment.
- Westhaven Trails Park - Features include basketball, tennis and volleyball courts as well as playground equipment.
- Maple Prairie Park - Features include a basketball court, open field and playground equipment.
- Elver Park - At 250 acres, this is the largest Madison community park. Recreational opportunities include disc golf course, softball, tennis, soccer, hiking, cross country skiing (with lit trails!), ice skating (with hockey rinks) and one of the best sledding hills around. Reservable shelters are on site.
Other noteworthy features:
- Entry - Private front entry, plus second entry from garage,
- Condo Management - Owner run board + professionally managed condominium association.
- Sound Quality - Sound dampening double paned glass throughout, half-inch backing board placed between all interior walls for sound dampening between units.
- Landscaping - Professionally landscaped, park-like setting.
- Guest Parking - Additional (shared) private surface parking spots also available for guests or visitors.
- Safety - Carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, garage door operators have sensors to prevent closure on a person or animal, doorbell speaker system allowing communication with visitors from control panel before opening the door.
- Exterior Lighting - Energy efficient lighted sidewalks, green-space, driveway, and mailbox areas.