A couple of weeks ago, a reader wrote in to ask advice for DIY fall decorating ideas. We loved that several of you chimed in with suggestions, and we wanted to round out your ideas with a few more of our own! [scroll_slider] [scroll_image]http://www.roostinmadison.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/holiday-outdoor-decorations.jpg[/scroll_image] [scroll_image]http://www.roostinmadison.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/6a00d8358081ff69e2016300130b50970d-800wi-e1381364890892.jpg[/scroll_image]
With cooler weather at the doorstep and the smell of fireplaces in the air, we definitely have fall on the brain. And with fall comes the desire to nest a little, to surround ourselves with the comforting colors and aromas of the season.
Instead of decorating around individual holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc.), we've always liked the trend toward decorating around the fall season -- this way, our special decorations have a longer shelf life, and it means less take-down and re-do for us.
We've rounded up some of our favorite DIY fall decorating ideas in honor of this cool-weather, warm-beverage season. Whether you're an expert with a glue gun (or a jig saw!), or you're a newbie when it comes to crafts, there should be something here for everyone:
- DIY yarn wreaths (Just use fall colors)... plus, how to make your own felt flowers for your wreath
- Simple (but gorgeous) fall garland
- Homemade pumpkins made from salvaged wood
- Super-simple (!) cinnamon stick candles
- Burlap-covered "acorns"
And if those aren't enough, here are three bonus lists!
- A treasure trove of fall mantel decorating ideas (If you don't have a fireplace, many of these work well on a bookshelf or side table!)
- 15 ways to decorate with pumpkins
- 30 sweet and (mostly) simple DIY fall decorating ideas
Get cozy, get crafting, and happy fall, everyone.