Why It's a Good Time to List Your Home Now
1. By listing now, you increase your opportunity to be what's called a "non-contingent buyer" when the competition heats up in the spring. This means you'll be able to look for your next home without worrying about selling the home you already have. The ability to present an offer without any contingencies gives you a huge advantage over the other home buyers who need to write their offer contingent upon selling their current homes.
2. January is traditionally the month when employees begin new jobs. Because many people who are relocating to Madison for new jobs can't wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market now to capture these buyers.
3. People who are looking for homes during the winter tend to be more serious buyers, motivated to purchase quickly. This means less time is spent on showings for people who are "just looking," and more time is devoted to buyers who are serious about buying a home now.
4. When the supply of homes for sale goes down (as it does in the winter), it creates an increased opportunity to capture motivated buyers. The fewer homes competing for their attention, the more eager buyers you'll be able to attract, and quickly.
5. And, when there are fewer homes available when buyers go to do an MLS search, it can also mean more money for you, as multiple buyers may be bidding on your home.
We're working with several Madison homes for sale this winter, and we've already had successful closings since the start of the new year. Let us know if we can be of help to you this winter!